At 2Eskimos, we work hard to help teachers save time and become more effective. We want you to be confident that your personal data is safe and secure and, understand how we use it, to offer you an awesome and more personalised experience. Rest assured, we are dedicated to looking after all the data you share with us.
What data we collect and why?
When purchasing a 2Eskimos product
- The name and postal address and phone number of the organisation.
- The name and email address of each user.
- The name, email address and telephone number of the person who pays for our service.
- By telephone, email, or paper-based order form.
- To make our products and services available to you and set up, process, and manage your licence with us.
When contacting us by telephone, email or through our support ticket system
- The person’s email address and the contents of the call/ email.
- By telephone, email or through our support ticket system.
- To respond to queries raised by you or your organisation.
When visiting our Websites or using our Applications
- Information about devices you have used to access our services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers).
- Information about your browsing behaviour on our Websites and Applications and any crashes that occur in the applications.
- We store cookies on users’ computers to verify that the user is logged in and to store their preferences. The cookies themselves do not contain any identifiable information about the user or about what they are looking at
- To manage and improve our Websites and Applications. We monitor the security of our services, to help us decide how they can be improved (e.g., what web browsers and devices we support, how much capacity we need, what causes crashes etc) and to improve the way we market our products and services (e.g., what search terms are used to discover our sites). We may also use device and IP identification for use in audits for support purposes.
When using our Websites and Applications you may store the following data
- The names and email addresses of their users.
- The first name, surname, dates of birth, gender and UPN numbers or their learners.
- The email addresses of the parents/ guardians of their learners.
- The contents of a learner/ organisation assessment including photographs, audio files, videos, and notes.
- This data is entered by the organisation directly into our Website or through our Applications. The organisation owns the data that you store on our websites or Applications. We only access the data stored by your organisation when we have to, in order to maintain the service to the organisation or look in to any queries.
- The organisation stores this information to record and assess their learners/ organisation. In this case the organisation is the “Data Controller” and 2Eskimos Ltd are the “Data Processor”.
Other source of personal data
We may also use personal data from other sources, such as public registers and online media channels.
We use this data to:
- Review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold
- Improve the effectiveness of our marketing communications
- As a user of 2Eskimos websites and applications you own the data that you input in to our products therefore you are the “Data Controller” and we are the “Data Processor”.
- We are the “Data Controller” of all contact data stored regarding your organisation including staff.
Legal basis for processing data
- Legitimate Interest – legitimate business interest to process personal data of organisations who hold accounts with us and for direct marketing purposes to organisations.
Will data be share with any third parties?
- We do not share data with any third parties.
- You might download or print the data and to share with staff, parents/ guardians, the local government etc.
Correcting, amending, or deleting data
- Organisation admin users can delete, amend, or correct any data that they store on our Websites and Applications.
- Organisation admin users can also contact us, and we will correct, amend, or delete data on their behalf.
Deleted data will be removed from your account immediately. After 90 days this data is permanently destroyed from our server and will not be recoverable. We retain data for 90 days, to enable data to be restored should it have been deleted accidentally.
When an account licence expires your account will be closed after 30 days, after a further 60 days this data is permanently destroyed from our server and will not be recoverable. The reason for this is so that organisations have time to export their data or renew their licence.
Organisation admin users can contact us to request data to be permanently deleted from our servers prior to the 90-day retention period.
Your rights and how you can exercise them
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them. Or if you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to:
The Bank, 15 King Street
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your right to complain to the ICO
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you have a concern about 2Eskimos’ information rights practices by contacting them directly on:
0303 123 1113
We reserve the right to change the policy at any time, so please check back regularly to keep informed of updates to this Policy.